Thanks to the wonderful Alex at Alex’s Crazy Stupid Blog (please check it out!), I have been nominated for Leibster Award. Thanks heaps Alex!
This is an award that is presented to fellow bloggers to give new and upcoming blogs recognition and to welcome them into the community, which is a fabulous idea and I’m very flattered to be nominated! You can find out more about the award here.
Part of the award is that I will post answers to Alex’s questions and also answer 10 random facts about myself, which you will find below. Also part of the award, I have nominated some blogs for the Leibster Award, and I encourage you to check them out!
1.Put your iTunes, Spotify or music listening device of choice on shuffle, and write down the first ten songs that come up!
Wonders of the Deep – The Chemical Brothers
Boyfriend – Ashlee Simpson
Singin’ in the Rain – Debbie Reynolds (soundtrack version)
Stop – Jamelia
Oblivion – Bastille
Alfie – Lily Allen
Lights – Scissor Sisters
My Love – Westlife
Pictures in the Mirror – The Living End
Everyday I Love You Less and Less – Kaiser Chiefs
2. Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
I’ve been researching my family history over the past year and have a greater appreciation of everyone’s achievements and hardships – from my parents, all the way back to my great-great-great grandparents!
In terms of writing, J.K Rowling was a massive inspiration. The moment I began reading Harry Potter was a light bulb moment for me. I had been doing a lot of writing at the time, but was being a complete angsty teenager about it. I had been attempting to write really gritty, emo fiction even though I was more Elmo than emo. When I read Harry Potter I just thought, ‘I want to write stories like this!’ So years later obviously here I am writing a 90s music video blog J I am working on a still-yet-to-be-completed fantasy story though.
3. You’re holding a dinner party, and can invite five people of your choosing, dead or alive. Who do you pick?
I’d probably pick my dad and my grandparents so I could have a final conversation with them all and ask the questions that I never got to ask. But that probably sounds boring and sappy to everyone else so here is my celebrity version:
4. What’s your favourite colour?
5. Dogs or cats?
I was originally strictly a dog person growing up. My only experience with cats was my grandmother’s neighbours asshole cat that always attacked me. Then I actually lived with cats (through flatmates) and now I absolutely adore them. So I am honestly both!
6. What’s your earliest memory?
As a toddler our elderly next door neighbour used to give me Wagon Wheels whenever she saw me. So one day when my parents weren’t looking I waddled next door and asked her for a Wagon Wheel. So appropriate that scabbing food was my first memory.
7. Favourite smell?
In all reality it is probably ANY kind of Victoria’s Secret perfumes #obsessed. But I also went away to the ‘country’ for a few days recently and forgot how much I love, like, fresh air – but the smell of the grass, animals, fallen leaves. How good is the smell of hot chips when you’re really hungry though.
8. Favourite biscuit?
My elderly neighbour would be disappointed I didn’t say Wagon Wheels but Yo Yos are just awesome. Pure sugar.
9. What motto do you live by?
Not all those who wander are lost.
10. Last person you called?
11. Draw a picture of yourself and paste it here.
10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
- I enjoy walking… like, stupidly long distances. I do a 50km event each year and completed my first 100km last year in 26 hours.
- I love AFL and am a fully toothed member of the Collingwood Football Club
- I am a coffee snob and don’t understand why people go to Starbucks
- I used to live in Hobart, Dublin and London
- I’ve hugged all three members of Hanson
- I’ve been writing a story for … years… please harass me to complete it!
- I’ve been learning Spanish and I am not very good at it.
- I now live in inner-city Melbourne which I love, but it’s also compelling me to live in the countryside with no neighbours or drunken people walking past my house at 3am!
- Best concerts I have seen are: U2, The Chemical Brothers, Muse, The Killers and Hanson.
- I love being at home, cosy and writing when it’s pouring rain outside (like right now!).
MY LEIBSTER AWARD NOMINEES ARE:
Please go check them out! 🙂
MY QUESTIONS TO NOMINEES:
- Why did you pick your topic that you blog about?
- What is your favourite sound?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- Describe your perfect day.
- What was the funniest thing that happened to you this week?
- Five words that sum you up?
- What is your favourite animal?
- What is your favourite book and why?
- Have you ever had an awkward spelling error (in a text, or at work, for example?)
- Favourite childrens TV character?
- Since my blog is about 90s music, what is your favourite song from the 90s?
Thanks again Alex for the nomination!